Level/Salary Range: $70,000 – $90,000 DOQ
Estimator - Project Manager
The Estimator – Project Manager is generally responsible for planning, outlining and developing Environmental Abatement projects. They design the project goals and success markers, determine how success will be measured and tracked. The estimator estimates work by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. In addition, they use their industry knowledge and knowledge of the various pay scales to estimate labor, material, and time requirements to be able to accurately compute the overall cost of the project. The estimator – Project Manager ensures the project remains on time and on budget and helps motivate team members to hit project goals.
Role and Responsibilities
- Visit sites, facilities and other venues necessary to complete an estimate
- Identify labor, material and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Manage production schedules and processes to manage workload and continually revise production schedules and priorities based on customer requirements and contract specifications
- Perform risk management analysis to minimize project risks
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Analyze, diagnose, and propose solutions to production hurtles
- Address complaints in a timely manner
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data
- Monitor and maintain quality standards
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Perform complex analysis of collected data and metrics
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with specifications, operating or production problems and/or to improve job margins
- Ensure safety of personnel and compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations
- Monitor and ensure compliance with OSHA/CalOSHA’s General Industry Standards
- Monitor and ensure DLSE compliance (with assistance)
- Report progress of projects and escalate to management as needed
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
Skills, Abilities and Experience
Extensive experience in a dynamic environment including management principles and practices, equipment and scheduling.
Three years of HAZMAT, Construction or Project Manager Experience: strongly preferred.
Persistent, upbeat, positive, high energy, and thrives in a dynamic atmosphere of change.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Exceptional organizational skills with ability to prioritizing multiple tasks.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Ability to gain consensus, influence and inspire with excellent relationship management skills.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and working knowledge/experience of operating a computer.
Proven working experience in project management.
Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
Education/Training, and Certifications
High School Diploma or equivalent required, College degree in Project Management or a related field preferred.
Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) or related certifications preferred.
Valid California Driver’s License with clean driving record.
Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
Must be able to pass the “Live Scan” background check required by DTSC and the Department of Justice.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, climb ladders, and wear personal protective equipment including respirator for extended periods of time.
The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to dust and adverse weather (Heat, Cold, Rain, etc).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be loud depending on other equipment being operated in the vicinity.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Get In Touch
PARC Environmental is California’s leading full service environmental contracting company. Established in 1985, PARC Environmental continues to be well-known and recognized for our ability to provide the highest quality asbestos abatement, lead paint abatement, and other hazardous materials remediation services to our customers.
2864 E Dorothy Ave.
Fresno, CA 93706